I. Who is CurieAI?
CurieAI provides remote monitoring tools to patients to assist healthcare providers to better care for their patients.
|our “App(s)”||Our mobile applications|
|“Personal Information”||Any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual and any information listed here.|
|“Platform”||Our Website and/or App|
|“Services”||Any services provided through our Platform.|
Our websites, including:
|“CurieAI,” “we,” “us,” or “our”||● CurieAI, Inc.|
- You visit our Platform or use our Services;
- We communicate in e-mail, text message, and other electronic messages between you and us; and
- We communicate in person.
Personal Health Information
Certain information collected and stored by us, or added by patients or their health care providers, is considered Protected Health Information (“PHI”) and is governed by applicable state and federal laws that apply to that information, for example the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”). Your health care provider is obligated to provide you with a notice of privacy practices describing their collection and use of your health information.
III. Personal Information
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is information from and about you that may be able to personally identify you. We treat any information that may identify you as personal information. For example, your name and e-mail address are personal information.
What types of Personal Information do we collect?
We may collect and use the following personal information (hereinafter, collectively referred to as “Personal Information”):
|Categories of Personal Information||Specific Types of Personal Information Collected|
|Personal Identifiers||A real name, birth date, e-mail address, home, billing, shipping address, or telephone number.|
|Information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with a particular individual||Physical characteristics or description, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, health or medical information, photo, video or voice of an individual.|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.||Race, Color, Age, National origin, sexual orientation or preference or Disability|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||IP address, device mode, device ID, advertising ID, OS version, device language, operating system, browser type, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.|
How do we collect your Personal Information?
In part we collect Personal Information directly from you. For example, when we speak to you by phone, text message, and e-mail. Additionally, we will collect information from you when you visit our Platform and fill out forms, or otherwise receive services from us.
We may also collect Personal Information in the following ways:
- When you make payments through the Services.
- When You Contact Us. When you contact CurieAI directly, such as when you contact our customer support team, we will receive the contents of your message or any attachments you may send to us, as well as any additional information you choose to provide.
We will also collect information automatically as you navigate through our Platform.
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Services may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in the Services that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement. We may use Facebook Pixel and Instagram
- Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Marketo, Heap, Matomo, Hotjar, LinkedIn Analytics, Gigya, Site Improve, Facebook Analytics, and Twitter Analytics and other service providers to collect information regarding visit, or behavior and visitor demographics on our Services. For more information about Google Analytics see: google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Google Ads (AdWords) remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads. Facebook’s Data Policy can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/ and withdraw your consent for use of your data with Facebook Pixel at: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads#_=_
- Other third party tools. We use other third party tools which allow us to track the performance of our Platform. These tools provide us with information about errors, app and website performance, and other technical details we may use to improve our Platform and/or the Services.
How do we use your Personal Information?
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Operate, maintain, supervise, administer, and enhance our Platform or the Services, including monitoring and analyzing the effectiveness of content on the Platform, aggregate site usage data, and other usage of the Platform and/or the Services such as assisting you in completing the registration process.
- Provide our Services to you, in a custom and user-friendly way.
- Provide you with information or Services that you request from us or that may be of interest to you.
- Promote and market our Platform and/or the Services to you. For example, we may use your Personal Information, such as your e-mail address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our services on third party websites. You can opt-out of receiving these e-mails at any time as described below.
- To provide you notices or about your account.
- Contact you in response to a request.
- To notify you about changes to our Platform and/or the Services we offer or provide through them.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Anonymize and aggregate information for analytics and reporting.
- To respond to law enforcement requests, court orders, and subpoenas and to carry out our legal and contractual obligations.
- Authenticate use, detect fraudulent use, and otherwise maintain the security of our Platform and the safety of others.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires.
- Any other purpose with your consent.
How do we share your Personal Information?
We may share Personal Information with third parties in certain circumstances or for certain purposes, including:
- Our business purposes. We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates, vendors, service providers, and business partners, including our data hosting and data storage partners, analytics and advertising providers, technology services and support, and data security advisors. We may also share your Personal Information with professional advisors, such as auditors, law firms, and accounting firms.
- Your healthcare providers or family. With your consent, we may share your information, including information collected from your use of our Platform, with your health care providers.
- With your consent. We may share your Personal Information if you request or direct us to do so.
- Compliance with law. We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable law or any obligations thereunder, including cooperation with law enforcement, judicial orders, and regulatory inquiries.
- Business Transfer. We may share your Personal Information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our users are among the assets transferred.
- De-identified information. We may also use and disclose de-identified information, so that it cannot be reasonably used to identify any individual, with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
- To market our products and services. We may share your Personal Information with affiliates and third parties to market our products and services.
- Third Party Analytics. We use Google Analytics and other third-party analytics services to understand and evaluate how visitors interact with our Platform and/or the Services. These tools help us improve our Platform and/or the Services, performance, and your experience.
- International Data Transfers. Information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. Where required by applicable law, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Information. If we engage a third party to process Personal Information on our behalf, we will also contractually require them to handle your Personal Information appropriately. Further details can be provided upon request.
Your choices about how we share your Personal Information.
Each type of web browser provides ways to restrict and delete cookies. Browser manufacturers provide resources to help you with managing cookies.
If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by CurieAI to promote our own products and services, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail or other marketing communications you receive from us. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to CurieAI as a result of a product purchase, or your use of our Platform and/or the Services. You may have other options with respect to marketing and communication preferences through our Platform.
Rights Under Applicable Law
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Access Personal Information about you consistent with legal requirements. In addition, you may have the right in some cases to receive or have your electronic personal information transferred to another party.
- Request correction of your Personal Information where it is inaccurate or incomplete. In some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update your Personal Information or we may refer you to the controller of your Personal Information who is able to make the correction.
- Request deletion of your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
- Request restriction of or object to processing of your Personal Information, including the right to opt in or opt out of the sale of your Personal Information to third parties, if applicable, where such requests are permitted by law.
- Obtain categories of Personal Information we have either disclosed or sold about consumers in California for a business purpose in the past 12 months.
IV. Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or sell Personal Information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, do not use or provide any information on or to the Platform or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete it. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 18 years of age whom you believe might have provided use with their Personal Information, you may Contact Us to request the Personal Information be deleted.
V. Does CurieAI respond to Do Not Track signals?
Some web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature. This feature lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our Platform is not set up to respond to those signals.
VI. Data Security
We have taken steps and implemented administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect against the risk of accidental, intentional, unlawful, or unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, disclosure, or use. The Internet is not 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted through the Internet. Where you have been given or you have chosen a password, it is your responsibility to keep this password confidential.
The sharing and disclosing of information via the internet is not completely secure. We strive to use best practices and industry standard security measures and tools to protect your data. However, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information transmitted to, on, or through our Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Platform, in your operating system, or mobile device.
VII. California’s Shine the Light Law.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (California’s “Shine the Light” law) permits users of our Platform and/or the Services that are California residents and who provide Personal Information in obtaining products and services for personal, family, or household use to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If applicable, this information would include the categories of Personal Information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared your Personal Information with for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2021 will receive information regarding such activities in 2020). If required by us under applicable law, you may request this information once per calendar year. To make such a request, please Contact Us using the information below.
IX. Contact Us
How to Contact Us:
2811 Mission College Blvd, Santa Clara, CA 95054